The final of the ‘Friends for Life’ competition, which is held each year at Crufts, is taking place this weekend. Five inspirational contenders have been selected for their outstanding bravery and devotion to their owners.
The dog who receives the most votes from the public will be presented with the trophy during a special ceremony on the final night of Crufts (Sunday 10 March 2013).
This year’s finalists are:
- Haatchi, a three-legged stray who turned around the life of a boy with a rare genetic disease.
- Brin, who survived capture by the Taliban and then saved two soldiers’ lives in Helmand.
- Janus, a police dog with 433 arrests to his name.
- Daisy, a dog who bought joy to a family who lost their son and dog to tumours in the same year.
- Max and Ziggy, assistance dogs who helped owners on the brink to find love.
Find out more about the contenders and how to vote at www.crufts.org.uk/news/friendsforlife2013 – voting closes at 6.30pm on 10 March 2013.