A dog called Maxx has been commended for his loyalty and bravery after he was instrumental in a daring rescue. When Maxx’s family’s home in Florida caught fire on the evening of Monday 25 April, the blaze was quickly spotted by neighbours. They broke the front window with a chair in an attempt to save the trapped Feaser family, and dragged Margo, the mother, out. The arriving firefighters were then able to break down the front door to get to Brent, the father, but the couple’s two young children were nowhere to be seen.

10952049_1461711316.9095_funddescription

That’s when Maxx leapt to rescue. Guiding the firefighters through the blinding black smoke, Maxx headed straight for the children’s bedroom. The two- and four-year-old were both saved.

10952049_1461711411.1138_funddescription

Maxx has been treated for smoke inhalation, and is expected to make a full recovery. His family remain in a stable condition in hospital and a GoFundMe page has been set up to help pay to rebuild their home.

10952049_1461710479.5674_funddescription

Get well soon, Maxx!

All images via GoFundMe

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here