top-banner
top-banner
top-banner

Molly the Dalmatian was left home alone for little over 20 minutes, but it was enough for her to find and devour 36 Dentastix, eight sultana buns and a packet of mini eggs. When her owner Kerry Buck returned, she found utter chaos.

“Molly had been sick everywhere,” she recalls. “I rushed over to her, she was frothing at the mouth and very lethargic. I could see what food she had been eating so I rang PDSA straight away.”Molly Buck

The eight-year-old’s life was in serious danger, as both chocolate and sultanas are toxic to dogs, and she needed immediate treatment.

Steph Williams, Head Nurse at PDSA Middlesbrough, said, “Molly ate a potentially lethal cocktail of ingredients. Sultanas affect kidney function and can lead to organ failure, while chocolate contains a substance called theobromine, which attacks the central nervous system and can be life threatening.

“It never ceases to amaze me how pets can get themselves into trouble and get their paws on food – even when it’s supposedly out of reach. Thankfully for Molly, there seem to be no lasting effects and she has made a great recovery.”

Kerry has said she will make sure to keep all groceries well out of Molly’s reach from now – which is for the best, since Molly looks all the world like she’s ready to do it again!

Images by PDSA.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here