0

Report of dog dying after eating 'contaminated fish' on Norfolk beach

Dog walkers are being asked to be cautious whilst walking their dogs on Cley beach, Norfolk, following the death of a dog two days ago.

The dog had reportedly eaten a dead fish that had washed up on the beach. An hour later the dog passed away.

Hunstanton Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI) issued a warning on Facebook saying, "Warning: there are reports of dead fish washing up along the North Norfolk coast.

"A dog sadly died just an hour after ingesting one yesterday on Cley beach.

"Please keep a close eye on your dogs if you are enjoying a New Year’s Day beach stroll."

*** MUST READ ***Warning: there are reports of dead fish washing up along the North Norfolk coast. A dog sadly died...

Posted by Hunstanton RNLI on Monday, 1 January 2018

The post also asked for the message to be shared to alert other beach users.

Photo: Stock image