If you could think of the greatest day out your four-legged friend could have, you might think of something along the lines of this brand new doggie inspired festival, Dogstival.
Dogstival will take place on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May 2019, in the heart of one of the UK’s most dog-friendly areas – the New Forest. Set in the stunning surroundings of the Pylewell Park Estate, the two day event will be hosted by local resident, TV presenter and renowned dog lover Chris Packham and promises all the ingredients for a fabulous day out for you and your best friend.
Celebrate the joys dogs bring to our lives with an action-packed day out, full of brilliant things to try, taste, do, discover and buy. Here is what to expect at a Dogstival day out:
- Dogstival Main Arena – the heartbeat of this exciting new dog day out. This is the place to watch the dazzling skills of traditional working, therapy and assistance dogs from some of the best display teams in the UK including Shadow Quest, Paws For Thought and The Rockwood Display
- Dog House Behavioural Stage – owners can get a deeper understanding of their dog’s wellbeing and behaviour from canine experts covering a range of behavioural topics. The stage will be transformed into a life-like house setting to explore typical issues that happen in the household. Visitors will be invited to submit their dog as an on-stage case study in advance of the show
- Have-A-Go – getting tails wagging will be an array of activities for dogs to try their paw at. Splash about in the K9 Aqua Sports Pool, or get the pace going with agility and flyball. Plus, dogs can enjoy dips and water-soaked fetch on Pylewell Park’s very own beach – A first for a UK dog event!
- Happy Hound Den – dedicated to all things canine pamper and chill, dogs can recharge from all the excitement with power naps and relaxing grooms, while humans chat with fellow owners
- Boutique shopping – visitors can expect over 200 quality stalls catering to a dog’s every need, as well as lots of wonderful goods and gifts from local New Forest producers
- Artisan Food & Drink – harvested from talented Hampshire and the New Forest producers. Fuelling the humans’ day will be a host of food from local land and sea including freshly made Isle of Wight fishcakes, local ale and craft gin. Dogs can expect their own menus too!
- The Dogstival Lounge – hosted by one half of BBC Radio’s Barking Blonde Anna Webb, head here to listen to inspiring talks and insights from patrons and partners including Chris Packham and the New Forest Parks team. More details to be announced
- The Dogstival Awards – honouring local pets, people and businesses, who’ve overcome challenges, demonstrated bravery, worked hard for a cause or gone the extra mile to make a dog feel welcome
Chris Packham says, “I’m really excited to be a part of Dogstival launching right on my door-step. With so much to see, do and try it’s going to be a fantastic day out for every kind of dog including Scratchy – my beloved poodle and the epicentre of my life. Pet owners will also get the chance to learn more about their dog – from their mental health to what’s in their dog bowl, as well as hearing more about the amazing habitat and environment around us, which is something I am very passionate about. I can’t wait to host the day at Pylewell Park and as well as pet owners and their dogs, I hope dog lovers, those thinking about getting a dog, or even people wanting a great day out will all join us.”
The brilliant location offers plenty of walking space, including a mixture of woodland, open lawn and a private beach. For guests wishing to make a weekend of it, the festival is also just a few minute’s drive from a host of tourist attractions, picture postcard villages and a wide choice of dog-friendly accommodation options.
Co-founder Richard Nowell comments, “Dogstival is all about creating ‘the best day of a dog’s life’ and the event will be packed with things to watch and experience. Plus, it’s a chance to meet thousands of other owners and pet lovers, different breeds and relax at one of the most stunning venues in an area that is so well catered for dogs. It’s not just about a great day out though; we want to use the show as an opportunity to talk about some of the issues faced in the Forest, responsible pet ownership and delve into the health and wellbeing of our four-legged friends.”
Dogstival takes place from 10am to 6pm on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May 2019 at Pylewell Park, Lymington, Hampshire, SP41 5SJ. Tickets are priced at £13.50 for Adults, £7.50 Children aged 5-16 years, under 5’s go free and are on sale now on their website. Also stay up with the latest announcements @dogstival.
Images and video courtesy of Dogstival